Anxiety is a word that has taken many different forms. Anxiety can present itself in many different ways and shape us without even knowing. It could be the butterflies we get when we see someone we like, the headaches we get when we think about stressful situations, stomach tightness when a bad memory is brought up.
Our goal at Theta is to put your mind at ease and provide you with positive affirmations for anxiety. These daily affirmations can reinforce the positives in your life and your surroundings to reprogram your mindset. The GMS (guided meditation and suggestion) therapy we provide is unique in its nature to help you become the person you’ve always wanted to be.
What are Affirmations
Affirmations are positive statements that reinforce positivity. These are positive phrases that you repeat to describe how you want to see yourself, how you want to feel, who you want to be. You’ve probably seen these if you’ve ever walked through a home goods store – “Today is a great day for a great day”.
These types of statements are meant to be repeated on a daily basis and spoken out loud, not internally. To help remind and surround yourself with these self-affirmations for anxiety, write them down on a post-it note, notes in your cell phone, your computer’s screensaver. Wherever you can see these as often as possible, the more effective they’ll be.
Examples of Affirmations
Positive affirmations for anxiety encompass a wide range of topics but are designed to help you boost your confidence, positivity, ambitions, and overall outlook on life. When creating yours, make sure you begin them with “I am”. This is all about you, so your affirmations should reflect this.
Each affirmation is about you and your life and the change you want to make. Keep them short and to the point. When you overcomplicate them, it can lead to confusion and rambling. We want you to stay focused on the specific task at hand and keep the positive thoughts flowing.
- I am smart.
- I am going to do well on this test.
- I am going to get this promotion.
- I am going to lose weight.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I am grateful for the things I have in my life.
- I am blessed to have the friends and family that I do.
These small discussions with yourself have been proven to:
- Boost overall self-confidence and performance.
- Increase motivation.
- Decrease stress levels.
- Reduce anxiety.
- Lead to a more confident, comfortable, positive person.
Affirmations for Anxiety and Stress
In our first guided meditation video, we’ll work on your breathing techniques along with guided visualization. This will help you access your unconscious mind to plant new ideas and beliefs that will help lead to unconscious changes within yourself.
A few things you’ll want to keep in mind before getting started:
- Believe in yourself. Understand that this takes time and one quick video will most likely not change your entire life in an instant. You need to be open and understand that this is a gradual change that will lead to tremendous results.
- Find comfort, quiet, and solitude in your home. Remove yourself from distractions. Turn off any devices that could become a distraction, find a room where you can’t hear cars passing by, go somewhere you can be alone and focus and be alone.
- Repeat this process daily. Repetition is one of the most important elements of self-affirmations for anxiety. These daily affirmations will help instill positive changes in your life so you can become the person you want to be. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
- Commit. Understand that this is one small piece to help you reprogram yourself. By repeating these daily affirmations for anxiety, by removing distractions, by believing in yourself, you are committing to a more positive you. You’ll find it amazing to understand what a quick video each day can do for you.
Once you’ve watched the video and have opened yourself up to commit to yourself, take it a step further to learn more about what we do at Theta. Our therapy will help retrain and reprogram your mind and body so you can begin to understand where your anxiety is created and how to recognize and mitigate it.
Anxiety is something that everyone lives with. It’s just a matter of how well they cope with it and how much they allow it to consume them. Our goal is to help you understand where it comes from so you can better plan, think more clearly, process data in a more logical way, and filter out distractions and negative thoughts.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to find more of our guided meditation videos and other free resources.
If you’re ready to make a change in your life, book a session to learn more about Theta today.